-- Download Resume (PDF) --
Curriculum and Instructional Design Specialist
Education Development Center
May 2012 - Present, Waltham, MA
- Develop interactive e-learning modules in entrepreneurship, HIV and AIDS case management and care, suicide prevention, and community-based rehabilitation with domestic and international partners.
- Develop user stories through journey-mapping interviews.
- Work with subject matter experts to define and distill content.
- Design user interfaces and information architecture.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and mockups.
- Draft specifications for graphic design and Web production teams.
- Program interactive modules using Articulate Storyline, adapting for 508-compliance and accessibility on mobile devices.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external agencies to adapt courses for multiple languages.
- Lead instructional design and production teams as SCRUM master.
- Lead recruiting, hiring, training, managing of on/off-site staff.
- Coordinate production schedules to deliver on-time and in-scope.
- Facilitated company-wide educational technology workshops.
Planning Team Coordinator
Project Destiny, summer and after-school
Sept 2010 - Aug 2013
- Designed and administered training workshops for staff.
- Assisted in vision-casting, administrative planning, facilitation, and evaluations of the summer and after-school programs.
Web Production Assistant
Magic Hour Communications
May 2008 - Aug 2011
- Coded webpages using Adobe Dreamweaver and source code editors.
- Created custom graphics using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
HCI and Educational Technology Intern
National Science Foundation
May - July 2010
- Designed content, user interface, mechanics, and graphics of an online educational game for middle and high school students about frequently misunderstood concepts of basic genetics.
Harvard University, M.Ed., Technology, Innovation, and Education, 2011-2012
Courses: Informal Learning for Children, Teaching for Understanding, Growing Up in a Media World, Innovation by Design, Formative Evaluation, Applying Cognitive Sciences to Teaching and Learning
Wellesley College, B.A., 2007-2011
Major: Media Arts & Sciences, Minor: Psychology. Cumulative GPA 3.48; Major GPA 3.68
Relevant Courses: Human-Computer Interaction, Multimedia Design & Programming, Data Structures, Databases with Web Interfaces, Technologies for Creative Learning (MIT); Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology.
University College London, Study Abroad, 2009
Relevant Courses: Image Processing, Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction
Human Computer Interaction
User Interface design
Instructional design team lead
Cross-department and external collaboration
HTML, CSS, PHP
Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop
Microsoft Visual Studio